Alta Bates Summit Medical Center is accepting new Volunteers year round!
Pre-med? Pre-health? Nursing?
Looking for the opportunity to interact with patients and staff in a hospital setting while giving back to your community? Are you interested in gaining VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE in a hospital setting? Come volunteer at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center!
Our General Volunteer Program is for adults who are 18 years or older and meet one of the following criteria:
- Students who completed at least one year of college
- Postgraduate and Graduate students
- Adults looking to explore the healthcare field looking to gain volunteer experience
- Adults considering returning to school
Minimum of 3-4 hours per week
Mandatory: 100 hours in a non-clinical department
After mandatory hours are completed: option to transition to available clinical departments
Call (510) 204-1695 to inquire about current shift availabilities.
Apply now by going to our website
or email us at
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week
- For students, must be at least in their second year of college.