Leon Valley Public Library
Position Overview and Impact:
We are looking for a volunteer to help with simple maintenance of the landscape around the Leon Valley Public Library to beautify the outside of the Library and contribute to making it a welcoming place in the community.
- Clean out debris and garbage
- Weeding, pruning, spading, and watering
- Possible planting
- Able to work independent and unsupervised
- Ability to bend, stretch, lift, and work outdoors in Texas climate
- Some gardening experience (i.e.: personal gardening)
- Love of gardening and outdoors
- *All applicants must fill out an application, background check form, and a volunteer agreement form - these will be sent in a welcoming e-mail if you respond through Volunteer Match.
Training and Support Provided:
- Meet with the Library Director to develop a plan.
- Keep Library Director updated on progress of plan.
- Follow directives of Library Director
Time/Length of Commitment:
Flexible - Set your own schedule as long as the work is completed during library hours.
Benefits of Volunteering:
Helping the Library and Community look nice and be more welcoming.
If you are interested in this volunteer position, after clicking the "I want to help" button at the top, you will receive a welcome e-mail with the necessary forms to fill out. Please, complete and return the forms via email (included in welcome e-mail), walk in, or fax (included in welcome e-mail) by March 2, 2018 to be considered.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Work needs to be completed during Library Hours