8 people are interested
Volunteer Leader - Clothing Warehouse & Thrift Store
8 people are interested
The Clothing Warehouse & Thrift Store Volunteer Leader will provide a warm and welcoming environment for customers of the Thrift Store. The money that we raise through year-round operations help fund all the amazing programs and assistance we are able to produce for families in need. This Volunteer Leader will also assist in the Clothing Warehouse as needed, assisting in greeting donors, giving receipts, taking in donations, and sorting them accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist customers with questions
- Hang and organize donated items; primarily clothing, linens, etc.
- Organize and shelve new merchandise from the adjacent clothing warehouse
- Light cleaning (sweeping, dusting, etc.)
- Operate cash register and assist customers in paying for and finding items
- Greeting donors as they drive up
- Filing and handing out donations receipts
- Unloading and taking in donations to be sorted
- Sorting donated items according to category, ensuring they are dignified for our clients and customers
- Welcoming, orienting, and leading general volunteers as they arrive
- High School Diploma
- 2-3 years in Customer Service environment preferred
About Metropolitan Ministries
120 E Ross Ave, Tampa, FL 33602, US
To care for the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless in our community through services that alleviate suffering, promote dignity, and instill self-sufficiency...as an expression of the ongoing ministry of Jesus Christ.
For over 40 years, Metropolitan Ministries has served poor and homeless men, women, and children in the Tampa Bay region. The Ministries has gone from a single room food pantry, to one of America's most effective and innovative caregivers. Serving 100-150 families daily through Outreach and Prevention Services, the Ministries remains committed to breaking the cycle of poverty...today, tomorrow and always. The facilities include Uplift U residential housing, a residence day care, an elementary school, adult training opportunities, a full-service kitchen that prepares 2,200 meals per day 7 days a week, and a thrift store to provide clothing for those in need and to the general public. Metropolitan Ministries also manages Compassion + Action, a collaborative that mobilizes partnerships across four counties to meet the growing need in local neighborhoods and transform the lives of families in crisis.
120 E Ross AveTampa, FL 33602
October 1, 2021
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week for a 3 month period of time
- Background check