Volunteer Leader - Worship Arts
The Volunteer Leader will work with the Chaplain on cultivating a worship environment to enrich the spiritual lives of residents and staff at Metropolitan Ministries, and develop worship leadership pathways for both residents and staff. This will involve learning about the culture of the organization, best practices in worship and music industry and implementing new initiatives to develop worship arts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn about the culture of the organization, specifically the Sanctuary Model of Trauma-Informed Care, and how it is incorporated into Spiritual Formation programs
- Research and develop curriculum and models for participatory worship
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment needs with Volunteer Services and Donor Relations teams and be willing to participate in church and community events
- Work with Chaplain, faith partners and volunteers to create culturally-appropriate, developmentally-targeted, and trauma-informed youth spiritual formation program guidelines
- Facilitate worship arts groups, such as a worship band, gospel choir, children's choir, dance, etc.
- Create and maintain documentation for the worship arts functions of spiritual development
- Coordinate worship and music events with cross-functional teams within Metropolitan Ministries, as needed
- Maintain a connection with one specific UMC local church congregation through worship and other opportunities
- Participate in staff meetings and all other meetings, when required
- Work as a team member to get the job done (photocopying documents, preparing mailing, etc.)
- Other duties, as assigned
- Ability to plan and organize work, with an attention to detail
- Customer service, effective communication and a positive, helpful attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual a plus!
- Ability to work evening hours
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient
We'll work with your schedule.
120 E Ross AveTampa, FL 33602
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Faith-based Leadership
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week