Compassionate Crafters Needed!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
36 people are interested
Are you part of a group of fun crafters who are looking for a new project?
Do you knit, crochet, quilt, scrapbook, or have another creative skill you'd like to share?
Use your skills to make the day brighter for hospice patients!
Kindred Hospice is looking for crafters who can help brighten the end-of-life journey for patients by creating beautiful projects to enhance patient spaces and quality of life. Many patients spend their last months in a facility without many visitors, or focused on the hard realities of terminal illness. Our goal at Kindred Hospice is to go above the basics of medical care, and to provide as many compassionate and loving touchpoints as possible support our patients and caregivers. The time and skills of volunteers are an integral part of the care we provide!
Some craft ideas:
- Creating cards (Christmas/winter, Easter/spring, birthday, Veterans day, Valentines day, Thanksgiving) that we can send to our patients on holidays
- Making tie-together fleece lap blankets for our patients in wheelchairs.
- Making Crochet "twiddle muffs" or doily-style rosaries for patients with Dementia / Alzheimer's
- Making "fidget boards" or "Fidget mats" for our Dementia/Alzheimer's patients
- Sewing clothing protectors for our elderly patients who struggle with eating meals neatly due to motor control
- Quilting or crocheting blankets - especially ones that look like the American Flag or are red, white & blue for our veteran patients.
We welcome creative ideas from individuals who are feeling inspired to craft in a different way too! This is a great opportunity for any group looking for a way to serve:
Girl Scout groups
Residence hall groups
Classrooms looking for a group project
and just groups of friends who want to help make the world a brighter place!
Although we do not supply the materials for these craft projects, we are happy to have a staff come to a meeting of your group to talk about Hospice, and are glad to pick up items to be donated if necessary.
Please get in touch if this opportunity sounds right for you and your group!
We'll work with your schedule.
Naperville, Aurora, Downers GroveBatavia, Geneva, Plainfield, WestmontHinsdale, Warrenville, Lemont, CountrysideOak Brook, IL 60523
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Up to the volunteers
- A kind heart and a willingness to help