Do you have just a little time, but a lot of love to give to animals?
6 people are interested
Join our awesome group of volunteers to help pets transition to a new home. Become a foster care provider for Hospice Pet Advocates, and know the joys of helping pets find love again!
Hospice Pet Advocates is a non-profit organization founded by health care providers to assist hospice patients facing terminal or life-altering conditions to pre--plan for and rehome their beloved pets. In some instances, pets are abandoned by sudden death or cannot be cared for due to an unforeseen medical event, requiring immediate rescue intervention.
Our animals are going through transitions and just need a short time in good care to heal from owner loss or neglect. Once this necessary healing occurs, HPA works with other community organizations to get them into the adoption system to find new forever homes.
- We provide all supplies
- You are given foster care materials
- You open your home for a couple of weeks,
- The pet learns to love again!
About HOSPICE PET ADVOCATES
PO BOX 50306, EUGENE, OR 97405, US
Hospice Pet Advocates provides pre-planning assistance, education, emergency services and advocacy for pet owners facing a terminal or life-limiting illness.
HPA was co-founded by a medical social worker and a hospice nurse when they saw a need first-hand.
HPA work with patients, their families and health care professionals to provide pet-related services to those facing end of life, transitions in care or permanent debilitation.
- Raising awareness about the importance and necessity of pre-planning for pets.
- Educational programming for patients and care providers about pet issues.
- Pre-planning counseling, networking and direct assistance
- Emergency rescue services
- Placement with a partner adoption agency.
We'll work with your schedule.
The Eugene-Springfield areaEugene, OR 97405
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Usually a few weeks, 2-3 times a year, when it fits into your schedule..