- Attend new and/or refresher tax law training as needed, including training on the use of electronic filing software.
- Successfully pass a test on required tax law knowledge
- Interview client regarding all income, deductions and allowable credit(s)
- Provide high-quality assistance to all taxpayers. Directly prepare taxpayer’s return based on information provided by taxpayer and answer tax related questions
- Prepare only those tax returns for which training and certification were provided
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software
- Ensure no compensation of any kind is accepted for the volunteer services provided
- Maintain confidentiality of client information
- Ensure on-site quality review is performed on completed returns prior to being returned to customer
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the taxpayer.
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 2 to 4 hours a week.
- Basic tax training and certification will be provided as needed.