We need volunteers who can help us do the heavy lifting (literally)! It's the time of year when we get in our biggest and heaviest food deliveries and donations.
The volunteer should be able to: work cooperatively with people of all ages, ethnic backgrounds and socioeconomic levels; work independently; read small print on food labels. For some duties the volunteer may be required to: lift and carry up to 50 pounds; work on or near a loading dock which may be either warm or cold depending on the time of year. We ask that volunteers can learn to operate basic warehouse technologies such as pallet jacks.
The volunteer will perform his/her duties while standing.
Specific duties include the following:
- Make community members feel welcome as they drop off donations
- Assist donors in carrying in donations and completing Donations Form; provide tax form if requested
- Separate good donations from unusable donations; dispose of unusable items; sort and store usable donations appropriately on shelves or in refrigerators/freezers
- Maintain a clean and neat working area
This position is an integral part of our pantry team. Shifts start at 8am and go until 12pm (noon). We ask that volunteers be able to lift at least 50lbs and can learn to operate basic warehouse technologies such as pallet jacks. Our warehouse follows strict safety and health standards that you will be expected to follow including closed toe shoes and placement of certain foods.
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Able to lift 50+ lbs comfortably