Are you a parent of a young person who has struggled with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, an eating disorder or other mental health issue? Are you passionate about helping other parents learn more about teen mental health issues and the various resources to help? Do you love to write and tell stories?
Anxiety In Teens is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization seeking parents with strong writing skills and lived experience with caring for a child/teen with a mental health disorders to help expand perspectives on our popular blog!
- Contribute relevant, interesting, personal and thoughtful submissions (750+ words) to our regular online mental health magazine on a bi-monthly basis
- Timely submission of two articles per month
- Varying email communication throughout the month
- Lived experience with a child/teen with a mental health disorder
- Compassionate outlook; energized about helping other parents and youth with mental health issue
- Strong writing and editing capabilities
- Internet access
- Familiarity with Google Docs
- Comfortable with virtual volunteering and email communication
- Contribute to a very meaningful cause! Over 1 in 5 youth will be diagnosed with a mental health disorder so severe it distracts them from their daily activities and schooling (NIMH), be a part of a strong, compassionate community of parents and young adults nationwide!
- Opportunity to network with other parents with lived experience of children/teens with mental health issues
- Opportunity to gain feedback from our Editors
- Published content on our online blog with your personal stories and experiences, allowing thousands of other youth, college students and parents to gain insight and understanding of various mental health conditions and experiences.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Mental Health
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment