Volunteer Usher/Ticket Taker Duties
The primary function of ushers/ticket taker is to help maintain the safety of the guest at the MCC Theatre/MCC Performing Arts Center and Studios. They also provide a high level of customer service. Duties of volunteers in this position include:
- Greet and direct the public inside the facility.
- Take tickets at the Performing Art Venues.
- Hand out programs.
- Answer questions about the facility and events.
- Escort patrons to their seats.
- Help at the end of the performance to pick up programs and tickets from the auditorium.
*When you are done with volunteer duties before the show starts you get to see the performance for free.*
About the show: The performance will start at 7 pm and seating will begin at 6:30 pm. Volunteers please be there around 6 pm.
Jazz Ensemble Featuring the Latin Jazz Band.
Started in the late-1960s by legendary educator, Grant Wolf, the Mesa Community College. It’s alum range from studio musicians, composers, film-scores, jazz stars, and music educators who are currently active all over the country. Now under the direction of MCC alum, Paul Brewer, the MCC Jazz Band has a new home in the Performing Arts Center and continues to promote jazz at a high level throughout the Valley.
- Brass Instrument
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Music Arts
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- About 3 hours
- Please wear black slacks, closed toed shoes and button up shirt. Jeans and T-shirts are NOT ALLOWED