We need YOU to help adults connect with family and access information by teaching them how to use technology and the internet.
It might be hard to believe but there are many people in San Francisco who don't have access to the internet and have never learned to use digital technology. CTN volunteers tutor at senior centers and low-income housing facilities around San Francisco to help adults and seniors learn how to use this technology that is increasingly vital.
Only basic computer skills needed. What is more important is that you are patient, friendly, and interested in supporting adult learners! There is an especially high need for Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Spanish speakers! This is a great way to give back to adults in your own community by giving them the skills they need to stay connected to friends and family and access vital resources, in their native language.
What you will do:
- Commit to a weekly tutoring shift at one of our many convenient locations around San Francisco.
- Help an adult/senior learn how to use their computer or other device.
- Act as a resource and guide, helping them learn how to find resources and information.
- Build relationships with diverse groups around the city while honing your teaching skills.
For more information and to join our volunteer family, please visit our website at http://ctnbayarea.org/volunteer/
Tutors must commit to one shift per week for at least two months. Shifts are approximately two hours, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00-4:00 pm. Limited weekend slots available in Hunter's Point and/or for Spanish speakers!
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- Cantonese / Mandarin
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift/week for 2-3 months