New year, new opportunities! Become a play volunteer at Lurie Children's Hospital!
110 people are interested
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is seeking interested candidates to help in a variety of volunteer roles with our patients and families!
If you enjoy helping others, making kids smile, and giving back, this might just be the opportunity for you! We are currently recruiting for our Weekday Program, specifically, which runs M-F, between 8am-5pm.
Assignment areas include the following:
- Play-Based Roles
- Volunteers do fun, calming, and distracting activities with patients and their siblings in waiting rooms, playrooms, and at bedsides. Come read, color, and play games, and help us fight boredom and loneliness!
Time Commitment for Volunteers:
The time commitment for volunteers is a single 3-hour shift per week, for 6 consecutive months.
(Note: Shifts are set and on the same day/time every week)
- Must be 18+ years old and no longer a student (please see our website for student volunteer opportunities)
- Must have at least one specific day/timeframe you can commit to that won't change week to week for the 6-month commitment
- Must feel comfortable working with patients of all ages (infant-24 yrs.)
- If selected, must complete health clearance and background check process before starting
- Previous experience with children or youth
- Previous experience in a hospital/medical setting
- Learn more about this program and others offered via our website: https://www.luriechildrens.org/en-us/ways-to-get-involved/volunteer/become-volunteer/Pages/when-can-you-volunteer.aspx
- Submit an online questionnaire via the link above. You will receive further instructions upon submission and review of your questionnaire.
About Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
225 East Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611, US
We are dedicated to the health and well-being of all children. As the pediatric teaching facility of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, this commitment drives us to be a leader in: • Pediatric healthcare delivery • Research into the prevention, causes and treatment of diseases that affect children • Education for physicians, nurses and allied health professionals • Advocacy for the general well-being of all children. As a charitable organization, we serve children and their families to the best of our abilities and the limits of our resources.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, formerly Children’s Memorial Hospital, provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 130 year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do.
We'll work with your schedule.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital225 East Chicago Ave.Chicago, IL 60611
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 2.5 or 3-hour shift per week (see description for details)