Lurie Children's Hospital Volunteers Wanted!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereAnn & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital225 East Chicago Ave.Chicago, IL 60611
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is seeking interested candidates to help in a variety of direct-service volunteer roles with our patients and families!
Currently recruiting for Weekday Program volunteers for our:
- Hospitality Areas
- Inpatient Floors
The Weekday Volunteer Program runs M-F, between 8am-5pm.
The time commitment for volunteers is a single 3-hour shift per week, for 6 consecutive months. (Shifts are set and on the same day/time every week)
- Must be 18+ years old and no longer a student(please see our website for student volunteer opportunities)
- Must have a set schedule (can always volunteer on the same day, during the same shift time for the entire six month commitment)
- Must feel comfortable in hospital setting
- Must be willing to volunteer with patients of all ages (infant-18 yrs.)
- Must be flexible about placement area, as we work with volunteers to assign them to roles based on where our needs are highest and where we feel they will be the best fit
- If selected, must complete health clearance and background check process before starting
- Previous experience with children and/or youth
- Previous experience in a hospital/medical setting
- Learn more about this program and others offered via our website: https://www.luriechildrens.org/en-us/ways-to-get-involved/volunteer/become-volunteer/Pages/when-can-you-volunteer.aspx
- Submit an online questionnaire via the link above. You will receive further instructions upon submission and review of your questionnaire.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week (see description for details)