Love working with kids and making them smile? Lurie Children's Hospital needs your help!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereAnn & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital225 East Chicago Ave.Chicago, IL 60611
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is seeking interested candidates to help in a variety of volunteer roles with our patients and families!
If you enjoy helping others, making kids smile, and giving back, this might just be the opportunity for you! We are currently recruiting for our Weekday Program, specifically, which runs M-F, between 8am-5pm.
Weekday Volunteers may be assigned to the following:
-- Hospitality Areas (concierge desk, greeter stations, gift shop, etc.)
-- Outpatient Floors
-- Inpatient Floors (acute and intensive care areas)
**Note: Volunteers are placed into assignments based on where the hospital's needs are highest and where we feel they will be the best fit.**
Time Commitment for Volunteers:
The time commitment for volunteers is a single 3-hour shift per week, for 6 consecutive months.
(Note: Shifts are set and on the same day/time every week)
- Must be 18+ years old and no longer a student (please see our website for student volunteer opportunities)
- Must have at least one specific day/timeframe you can commit to that never changes week to week for the 6-month commitment
- Must feel comfortable in hospital setting
- Must feel comfortable working with patients of all ages (infant-18 yrs.)
- If selected, must complete health clearance and background check process before starting
- Previous experience with children or youth
- Previous experience in a hospital/medical setting
- Learn more about this program and others offered via our website: https://www.luriechildrens.org/en-us/ways-to-get-involved/volunteer/become-volunteer/Pages/when-can-you-volunteer.aspx
- Submit an online questionnaire via the link above. You will receive further instructions upon submission and review of your questionnaire.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week (see description for details)