Want to make a significant difference in our community and have a blast doing it? Join the Houston Food Bank Student Heroes Program for high school students and help lead the fight against hunger! Student Hero volunteers gain training and experience while taking a leadership role in volunteer-based projects. During three sessions throughout the year: Spring (January-May), Summer (June-August) and Fall (September-December) Student Heroes will learn how to accomplish the following:
- Train and oversee volunteers in various projects at the Houston Food Bank ensuring that volunteers have a meaningful experience.
- Coordinate and market a Food/School Supply Drive to help those in need in our community
- Attend leadership and professional development workshops to develop skills
- Understand hunger as a Southeast Texas issue and learn to measure the impact of their work. All volunteer projects have an impact measurement tied to the issues of hunger.
Find out more about our Student Hero program online at http://www.houstonfoodbank.org/ or contact Rebecca Malik at email@example.com.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- For High School students 16-18 years only