Volunteer Leader - Food Services
The Food Services Volunteer Leader is responsible for general coordination of all food services in the kitchen, dish room and behind the food line. The Volunteer Leader works alongside Food Services staff to ensure quality food services, cleanliness in the kitchen and volunteer engagement in meaningful service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Family Grill Meal Leader (when present) to ensure that volunteers are placed in the Family Grill to clean the space and assist families during meals
- Check-in with the Staff Lead for the day/shift to find out the priorities of cleaning, cooking, prepping, etc.
- Share the mission of Metropolitan Ministries with each new group or individual volunteer(s) who are placed in the kitchen
- Place volunteers in areas within the kitchen to achieve the goals of the day - dishwasher, prepping, meal site support, ITB support, clean up, serving, cooking, etc.
- Train volunteers on how to serve meals with dignity and to meet our various requirements
- Ensure that all volunteers meet dress code and safety requirements during their volunteer shift
- When available, coordinate individual and group volunteers to accomplish all outlined duties above
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years in Food Services
- Ability to plan and organize work, with attention to detail
- Customer Service experience
About Metropolitan Ministries
120 E Ross Ave, Tampa, FL 33602, US
To care for the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless in our community through services that alleviate suffering, promote dignity, and instill self-sufficiency...as an expression of the ongoing ministry of Jesus Christ.
For over 40 years, Metropolitan Ministries has served poor and homeless men, women, and children in the Tampa Bay region. The Ministries has gone from a single room food pantry, to one of America's most effective and innovative caregivers. Serving 100-150 families daily through Outreach and Prevention Services, the Ministries remains committed to breaking the cycle of poverty...today, tomorrow and always. The facilities include Uplift U residential housing, a residence day care, an elementary school, adult training opportunities, a full-service kitchen that prepares 2,200 meals per day 7 days a week, and a thrift store to provide clothing for those in need and to the general public. Metropolitan Ministries also manages Compassion + Action, a collaborative that mobilizes partnerships across four counties to meet the growing need in local neighborhoods and transform the lives of families in crisis.