Are you interested in a philanthropic outlet? Growing Alliances Board of Directors is seeking a volunteer Treasure to join their dedicated volunteer team. Growing Alliances’ Fostered Youth Employment Program was founded in winter 2016, in order to "empower at risk and foster youth through vocation opportunities in urban agriculture." We employ a team of youth ages 16-24 to grow food to donate, sell and cook for themselves, while they simultaneously participate in workshops on job skills and on the history, economics and politics of the food system.
We would expect the treasurer to fulfill the following:
- Attend all board meetings, which are every other month
- Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations
- Serve as financial officer of the organization and as chairperson of the finance committee.
- Manage the board's review of and action related to the board's financial responsibilities.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis.
- Assist the executive director in preparing the annual budget and presenting the budget to the board for approval.
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Financial Literacy
- Cost Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a month