The Corporate Engagement Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a strategic corporate engagement to establish, sustain and deepen mutually beneficial partnerships between JerseySTEM and New Jersey-based companies.
This position reports to the Director of Corporate Engagement
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Identifies and researches current and potential corporate sponsors, inclu ding new prospects and existing clients. Cultivates a portfolio of ~4-6 qualified prospects
- Develops, implements and periodically re-assesses corporate engagement strategies for each corporate sponsor
- Initiates, develops and maintains relationships with corporate sponsors to build engagement partnerships, customized projects and sponsorship packages
- Expands partnerships by conducting research, tracking relevant news, and staying abreast of organizational changes as they relate to our service offerings
- Writes compelling proposals and letters, and prepares background information and materials for cultivation and solicitation activities, as needed. Develops customized proposals as appropriate for major donors/prospects
- Partners with Director Corporate Engagement, team members and other volunteer leaders in making corporate solicitations and presentations about JerseySTEM
- Conducts research and tracks relevant news to identify new & emerging prospects
- Assures timely and satisfactory implementation of specific programs and activities for relevant corporate sponsors
- Tracks achievement of goals
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to corporate sponsors
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to develop strategy, as well as solicit prospects
- Ability to prepare and conduct presentations in corporate settings; strong facilitation skills
- Ability to manage, network, train, direct and motivate volunteers
- Ability to plan, analyze, translate and implement developed plans
- Analytical capabilities, including use of applications/ data, to make recommendations and provide input to corporate account planning
- Some project management skills
- Exhibits professionalism, maturity, good judgment, and an ability to work well in a team environment.
- Some familiarity with Google suite of products &/or Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, LinkedIN, CRM systems (e.g. salesforce.com), social media /internet research
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Successful career in a corporate setting
- Prior sales experience and/or successful corporate and/or foundation fundraising experience preferred
Weekly Time Commitment Required
Minimum of ~6 hours per week commitment preferred
Position can be performed virtually; however residency in NJ preferred as position occasionally requires onsite visits to NJ-based companies and knowledge of local communities
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Minimum of ~6-8 hours per week strongly preferred
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- SIT: Local Families Engagement...
- LID:Academic Director
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- HRS: Active Professionals...
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- HRS: Job Posting Refresh position
- COA: Mathematics coaching for...
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- GWC: Girls Who Code in Chatham
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- ADM:Legal / Para-Legal help for...
- COA: Physics Tutor