Volunteer Events Coordinator
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Executive Director
Responsibilities: Develop resources to enhance the mission, to STOP HUNGER NOW! By delivery of services, community events, workshops, awareness and educate the community about the people impacted by HUNGER. The Events Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of fundraising events for the Open Arms Community Outreach Inc.’s Community Food Pantry and other outreach Program to STOP HUNGER NOW! Additionally, this position is responsible for the implementation of the marketing plans and the maintenance of the website for the OACO. This position develops sponsorship/trade/business arrangements and relationships with businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting the Open Arms Community Outreach Inc. events and activities. This position will work in coordination on other projects as assigned by the Chief Executive in attracting funding for the OACO.
Qualifications Prefer a minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience in paid special events. Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and business development/relationship programs required.
Education: College Intern, High School from a 4-year college or university required. A 2-year degree with a minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, may substitute. Event, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
* Job Duties & Responsibilities: A) Special Event Coordination * Planning, implementation and follow-up for special events to STOP HUNGER Walks, Golf Tournaments, Galas Luncheons Teas Workshops, Colleges, Universities & Corporate Sponsorships etc.... * Develop and maintain event software and databases. * Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement. * Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution. * Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the events budgets. * Responsible for in-kind donation solicitations for each event. * Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
* Cultivate and implement with the President a business-based donor development program. * Oversee Catering Staff, Coordinate logistics of events. * Send thank you notes to all agency donors in a timely manner. * Write, submit and follow-up to ensure placement on media releases and stories to established contacts with local and regional media. * Maintenance of website. * Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit the organization. * Actively participate and staff committees as necessary and appropriate. * Assist the President and Vice President in other fundraising programs or grants as necessary.
B.) Professionalism 1. Support and carry out the mission of the agency. 2. Develop and maintain close relationships with various constituencies within the community. 3. Be involved with the community at large and appropriate professional organizations. 4. Follow agency policies, including personnel and programmatic. 5. Participate in the agency, demonstrate team participation and a work place philosophy that enriches staff’s ability to reach goals and provide a high level of customer service. 6. Develop professional and personal growth through opportunities and involvement.
C.) Additional Duties 1. At times, staff will be required to perform additional duties beyond those specified. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Other Skills and Abilities Position requires demonstrated applied skills in word processing, website maintenance and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) and the ability to learn fund raising, design and management computer software programs. Ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment is required.
* Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Outgoing and comfortable with people. * Passion for mission of the Helpline Center.
Hours: Full Time Exempt
Work Hours: Work from Home, Via Video Chat, email, Conference Calls/Video, etc.....
Pantry Hours: Tues, - Thursday, Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm and Saturdays *When needed 9:00 am- 12:00 pm * Camp Sutton Community Pantry: 3rd Friday 3:00pm - 5:00pm; * Must be able to adjust work hours based on agency needs. Some weekends and evenings required.
Hours: This is a part time (32-37 hours/week) position. Some early morning and
weekend activities should be expected.
Working Conditions: This job requires working some early morning and weekend hours. Must be able to lift up to 70+ pounds. Frequent walking, standing, lifting.
Compensation: Volunteer 75% of time & 25% of donations revenue of each event
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
Application Procedure: Submit resume, cover letter and references (names and contact information) in PDF format or word to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 20 to 30 hours Monthly/PRN
- Enjoy working with others