The Oregon Chapter of the Scleroderma Foundation is looking for new board members! We are the local chapter of a national nonprofit that supports the needs of scleroderma patients in our community while also raising funds for important research. We serve all of Oregon and SW Washington.
We are looking for responsible, motivated people who would like to make a difference in the lives of people affected by this difficult autoimmune disorder. You do NOT need to have knowledge of scleroderma or experience on a board of directors to apply!
Some skills we'd like to see on our board include, but are not limited to:
- Event planning or fundraising experience
- QuickBooks or other similar financial software proficiency
- Nonprofit experience
- Computer literacy
- Social media management
- Willingness to learn and get involved with our wonderful community!
Our board meets approximately six times per year, at Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital in downtown Portland on Saturdays. If you have any questions at all, or if you think you might be interested in volunteering please don't hesitate to contact us!
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Six board meetings per year.
- Responsibility, motivation, and a desire to help people.