Position Title : Kindergarten Teacher Training and Development Advisor
Location : CCF5
Salary : This is a voluntary position with no salary
Duration : 3+ months
Founded in 2004, Cambodian Children’s Fund (CCF) provides life-changing education, nourishment and healing to vulnerable children from some of Cambodia’s most destitute communities. This well respected NGO cares for more than 2,000 students and 10,000 people annually, providing to entire families and communities in crisis. For the children of the Steung Meanchey area, education is their lifeline out of poverty and CCF offers a solid education aimed at providing hope, opportunity and security.
In 2012, CCF was recognised as having "one of the world’s best initiatives in innovative education", becoming the first organisation in South-East Asia to win a WISE Award. The Cambodian Children's Fund is known for delivering a world class, model of education that provides transformational opportunities for impoverished young people in a learning community committed to quality and excellence. In order to meet its core mission, CCF has evolved and developed in a unique way that distinguishes it from other NGOs which focus on single or limited program delivery. CCFs programs have expanded to ensure that the families of the children who attend CCF are also supported, with more than 64 programs - everything from health care to debt alleviation programs - all of which exist to support the main goal of providing a consistent, high quality education to the children of Steung Meanchey.
The work of CCF in Cambodia is supported by relationship development and fundraising in USA, Australia, UK and Hong Kong, all of which are managed by appointed Boards.
BEING A VOLUNTEER AT CCF
Volunteers at CCF not only participate within our organisation as highly valued and respected members of our team, but also as a huge part of our development and growth framework. Working to build capacity, volunteer placements focus on sharing valuable knowledge and skills with CCF staff and students- either within a set position, project or via on-the-job training or workshops. Placements are extremely rewarding and allow volunteers a hands-on opportunity to help grow and develop the very core of our organisation. By working with CCF, volunteers assist in empowering our local staff and students to truly become, not only educated and accomplished professionals, but the future leaders of this country.
The volunteer will work closely with the CCF Kindergarten Department, supporting them in evaluating and assessing the professional development needs of CCF Kindergarten staff.
The volunteer will assist in the development of a professional learning framework for the teaching staff, specifically focusing on a plan to improve teaching and classroom management. The role aims to build the capacity of CCF staff by providing professional assistance in developing evaluation and planning skills, as well as advice on leadership and development planning techniques.
The Volunteer will be required to assist in CCF kindergarten classrooms, mentoring teachers and working on curriculum and lesson plans. This role aims to assist current CCF staff and work towards the development of the Education strategic goals and initiatives led by the Kindergarten team.
The all-female staff team you will work with will speak some English, but are not fluent. They are currently studying to improve their English; it is expected that you will also help them to improve their English through your role. They do not have professional childcare or teaching qualifications.
Activities can include:
- Plan and implement training sessions for classroom management and teaching early-years English
- Provide English language support
- Advise on teaching resources and implementation
- Assist teachers in classroom
- Identify and implement best practice within classrooms
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
Early Childhood Education Officer
- Assist CCF Kindergarten management to create a professional Learning Framework for CCF Kindergarten teaching staff
- Assist in the creation of a written plan addressing short and long term goals for CCF Kindergarten teacher development
- A clear understanding by CCF Kindergarten management about options for staff development implementation.
- Support and guidance for Kindergarten staff regarding evaluation and development skills, as well as leadership and planning techniques.
- Creation of teacher training resources and materials as needed
- Assist CCF Kindergarten staff in identifying professional development opportunities
- Mentoring for CCF Kindergarten staff
- Increased understanding by CCF Kindergarten teachers on diverse teaching methodology and development opportunities.
- Guidance for CCF Kindergarten staff regarding areas in need of professional development
Qualified Kindergarten Teacher/Manager
Understanding of early-years education theory
Intercultural communication skills
Understanding of teaching methodologies
Experience of managing and/or training Kindergarten teachers is necessary
Actively promote openness, reflective thinking, teamwork and initiative.
Have a strong sense of moral purpose to enrich teaching and learning at CCF.
Be patient and flexible.
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviors.
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families, but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all volunteers to provide:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form on the CCF website ( www.cambodianchildrensfund.org/volunteer). Please also send your CV and qualifications, where relevant.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3-6 months
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum
- Diagnostic Imaging Specialist/...
- Pediatric Specialist
- Gastroenterology specialist
- General Medicine Doctor
- Kindergarten Teacher Training...
- Business / Systems Analyst
- Family Doctor
- Leadership Trainer English...
- Pediatric Specialist
- Team Training Coach for...
- Open Application – Specialist...
- Junior Leaders Trainer
- Social Media Analytics Coordinator