Volunteer Leader - Off-Site Housing Preparation
4 people are interested
The Leader will assist the Case Management team with Metropolitan Ministries Off-Site Housing during a transition of one family moving out and another moving in.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using the check-out list, assess the level of cleanup and repairs that need to be made after a previous family exited the unit. Clean up any minor trash, food or items left at the unit.
- Inspect the unit for items needed on check-in list: linens, pans/plates/cups/etc., things needed to make the unit warm and inviting.
- Coordinate with Thrift Store/Warehouse to get items needed for the unit, including: "nice to have items" such as stuffed animals for children, hygiene products in restrooms, etc.
- Leave an encouraging note welcoming the new family into the home.
- High School Diploma
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task/manage projects
- Ability to stand and walk around units and warehouse
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
We'll work with your schedule.
120 E Ross AveTampa, FL 33602
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week