Looking for an opportunity to give back?
3R Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal rescue based in Winters, CA. Our mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and re-home animals in need of a second chance. 3R saves dogs from rural poor under-sourced, over-crowded shelters with very high euthanasia rates. They are provided medical care, quality nutrition and the opportunity to relax and socialize in a home environment, enabling them to be 'good citizens’ in their new lives. Since our founding in 2012, 3R Rescue has saved the lives of over 480 animals. Help us continue!
3R Rescue is seeking a Volunteer Grant Writer to assist our Executive Director with grant applications for funding to support and expand programs such as our Waggin Trains (that save groups of 10-20 dogs each trip), spay/neuter clinics, public education and student internships.
- Researching, develop and write proposals and inquiries requesting funds to support various programs at 3R Rescue
- Track and monitor proposals, deadlines and requirements
- Maintain accurate record of communication including emails, documents, phone calls, and visits to grantees and prospects
- As needed or monthly teleconferences with the Executive Director to provide updates on grant progress and future planning
- Experience with grant writing and grant application processes is highly desired
- Experience with animal non-profit organizations is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences
- Strong written communication including spelling, grammar and proper email etiquette
- Ability and willingness to make/accept phone calls with prompt replies to voicemails
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Gmail
- Understanding of animal rescue is helpful but not required
Note: All work undertaken and produced by volunteers for and on behalf of 3R Rescue will remain the copyright of the organization.
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Let's discuss. Position to be held by multiple.