WE ARE SEEKING A GREAT PROGRAM MANAGER!
About Good Seed
Good Seeds mission is to help youth not only live, but thrive! We provide supportive, nurturing and specialized care for at-risk youth in Southern California through supportive housing, job training, mental health services, and other comprehensive services with the focus on improving health outcomes and wellness. Good Seed creates an environment where youth, ages 16-25, can thrive and grow to achieve their full potential. Our aim is to ensure that youth have the tools they need to realize their goals and dreams, so that they may live healthy and meaningful lives. We are passionate and enthusiastic about the work that we do. If you have a can-do, roll-up your sleeves attitude, you will fit right in!
Responsibilities and Duties
The Good Seed Program Manager of Supportive Services and Facilities is an integral member of the team. They are responsible for the planning, implementing, and improving of services for youth and their families. This includes the day-to-day program management and evaluation including, participating in project development and planning activities, design and implementation of the programs, data collection, management and analysis to improve health outcomes. In addition, they are to develop, implement and maintain a successful strategy to strengthen community participation in program design, evaluation, and policy advocacy.
Supportive Services Program Management Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise case management staff including ongoing monitoring of work quality, conducting regular performance evaluations, developing performance improvement plans, coaching, mentoring and training of new hires.
- Manage interns, GROW workers, volunteers, peer advocates, and program associates
- Review work done by staff and volunteers
- With a focus on improving health outcomes and connection to services, provide support and assistance to assigned case managers including providing direct case management services to clients in the absence of the case manager(s).
- Develop and implement curriculum on client-centered education, provide ongoing staff professional development training as determined by client/staff needs.
- Identify community-based training needed for staff professional development and coordinate staff participation
Facilities Management Responsibilities:
- Coordinate building repairs with Management & Maintain supply levels.
- Ensure facility safety.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 to 3 years(tm) program management experience in similar environment
- BA in relative field preferred
- Willingness to foster a professional and welcoming environment in all interactions with clients, guest, vendors and colleagues, regardless of differing identities, backgrounds, beliefs and choices
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to develop case plans and specialized case work services with independence
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment, and prioritize among competing pressing issues
- Quick to respond and work effectively in crisis situations, including the ability to de-escalate volatile situations and apply effective conflict resolution techniques
- Ability to work as a team member with fellow co-workers and staff.
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of special family and youth issues.
- Ability to perform program outreach.
- Maintain networking relationship with community service providers.
- Demonstrate flexibility in regards to job duties and assignments.
- Have valid California Drivers Licenses, auto insurance and accept travel assignments on the job as directed by the program.
- Previous experience working with adolescents and high-risk populations, including sound crisis management skills.
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Full Time