Artists! Join us in our Huntington Art Studio, painting murals for Hospitals.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
6 people are interested
Splashes of Hope is a nonprofit organization based in Huntington, NY. (631) 424-8230
Come to the Castle to make a "splash" in our studio of working artists! We invite folks who have a passion and working knowledge in the fine arts, culture, and community. (Other beneficial knowledge is color theory, art therapy, construction tools/site work). Splashes of Hope’s mission is to paint murals in healthcare centers and social services, to brighten the environment for patients and staff. Our organization has a thriving community of individuals to help with the mission.
Be a part of a great non-profit organization in the arts! Volunteer within the Splashes of Hope art studio, or possible on off-site on job locations.
● Clean and organize the art studio.
● Help with the preparation, painting, finishing, and even help with the
design of a mural project.
● Other jobs include filling paint palettes, washing paint brushes,
prepare surfaces for mural work and varnish completed artwork.
Additional helpful knowledge:
● Internal workings of a non profit organization
● Comprehensive knowledge to maintain an art studio
● Learn the mural making process from layout design to completion
● Creative outlook, a positive attitude and working with other volunteers
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Splashes of Hope
101 Browns Road, Huntington, NY 11743, US
Splashes of Hope is a non-profit organization of artists who create murals and art installations custom designed for children and adults in hospitals. The artwork stimulates the healing process for patients suffering from mental or physical illness, and transforms the bleak hospital environment into a friendly, uplifting atmosphere.
Based in Huntington, NY the art studio and office of Splashes of Hope are in Coindre Hall, part of Long Island's Gold Coast and owned by the Suffolk County Parks Department. Splashes of Hope artists travel all over the world to create colorful, uplifting murals for children in hospitals. The designs are customized to address the individual needs of the patients.
Coindre Hall101 Browns RoadHuntington, NY 11743
January 19, 2020
- Visual Arts
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Saturdays from noon-4pm contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your easel, as space is limited.
- Please visit https://www.splashesofhope.org/volunteer.html to fill out the Volunteer form so we can get you started in the system!