It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
310 14th St SERochester, MN 55904
- Purpose: The Recruitment Volunteer will assist the Volunteer Services team to implement the regional volunteer workforce recruitment plan.
- Leads/assists in the development and implementation of volunteer workforce recruitment activities.
- Recruits volunteers for all lines of service and departments.
- Meets with Volunteer Management team to determine targeted recruitment needs in the region.
- Proactively recruits new volunteers for general and specific volunteer opportunities.
- Recruits current volunteers for new opportunities and leadership positions.
- Researches outreach events and fairs. Reaches out to community groups to set up recruitment presentations.
- Plans and carries out recruitment events in communities served by the region, for both identified partner groups and open-call interest meetings.
- Promotes volunteer opportunities at community events.
- Advertises and markets for open-call events.
- Assists new volunteers with initial online intake steps (i.e. submitting their online application)
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service.
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs.
- Recruiting experience OR the ability to effectively communicate Red Cross mission and activities in a manner that is both attractive and realistic.
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- On-the-job training from supervisor
- Volunteer Connection Orientation
- Time Commitment:
- 5-10 hours per month, often evenings and weekends
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Retail / Sales
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per month
Report this opportunity