All volunteers at the Farmington Food Shelf are very important to the caring and confidential work that we do with our Farmington neighbors. Our volunteers are appreciated and a part of our respected and responsible team. All volunteers are required to fill out a background check form, read and review our core values, mission statement and to attend an orientation/training meeting. A signed volunteer agreement is also required.
We have a weekly volunteer opportunity for individuals looking to help clients in our Farmington food shelf. This opportunity is a four hour sift, between the hours of 1 pm and 5 pm on Tuesdays or Thursdays each week.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Welcome the client, family or food shelf visitors (people donating food, supplies or funds) with a pleasant and cheerful smile
- Explain shopping guidelines to clients and be available for questions
- Build relationships and trust with people shopping for food
- Help bag outgoing food, help load food into customer vehicles
- Must be able to lift a minimum of approximately 25 pounds.
- Other duties as requested
- Training will be provided
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 1 - 4 hours shift per week, Tuesdays or Thursdays
- some standing, walking, sitting, some jobs require the ability to lift a minimum of 25 - 40 pounds.