Opportunity: Speech Competition Judge
Program: Emerging Leaders Program I
Number of volunteers needed: 4 per location
Time/Date: Wednesday, Apr. 11th 6:30 - 9pm (Alexandria)
Speech Competition Judges have the exciting role of listening to and scoring 25 student leaders' speeches for our internal speech competition workshop. Students write, prepare and present their own 2 to 4 minute speech on topics such as: "Who is your role mode?" and "What is an obstacle you have overcome?" The panel of four volunteer speech judges deliberates after listening to all of the speeches and then chooses one winner to present their speech at our Emerging Leaders Program I graduation, which has an audience of over 300 people. Judges will not need to know Spanish or speak another language as all speeches are given in English. Apply to be a one-time volunteer forSpring 2018 here:https://tinyurl.com/y9j7z9qf
- Problem Solving
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Critical Thinking
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Fairfax Scholarship Competition...
- Arlington Immigrant Youth High...
- Arlington Scholarship...
- Career Panelists
- Falls Church Career Panelists
- Arlington Career Panelists
- Alexandria Scholarship...
- Alexandria Career Panel
- AmeriCorps Member - Immigrant...
- Fairfax Career Panelists
- Fairfax Speech Competition Judges
- Arlington or Falls Church Speech...
- Alexandria Speech Competition...