Volunteers in our Intake Department handle all things administration including reception, data entry, interviewing clients to assess their needs and processing required documents in order to confirm eligibility to receive services.
Summary: Intake specialist/clerical volunteer must be able to take direction from supervisor. This volunteer will be responsible for: greeting clients in a respectful, dignified manner, screening clients for eligibility, informing clients of available services, inputting client information into Apricot Software data base, and identifying those clients that need to be referred to other agencies for assistance. In addition to these duties, a reception volunteer is responsible for making sure each station is adequately supplied with all resource materials. This volunteer may also aid in clerical tasks assigned by Bakersfield Site Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enter all data on clients and their households.
- Answer telephone calls
- Be organized and able to work with clients from various socioeconomic levels.
- Service all customers with dignity and respect.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Keep work station clean and free from clutter.
- Keep all necessary resource materials in adequate supply at each station.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills
- Be knowledgeable about the services provided by Catholic Charities.
- Demonstrate qualities of patience, compassion and the ability to listen.
- Bilingual is a plus
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check