Food Pantry Volunteer - Monday thru Friday
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
76 people are interested
Volunteers in our food pantry are needed to help sort, package and distribute food to those in need.
Summary: Food pantry volunteers must be able to take direction from supervisor. This person is responsible for a variety of activities including bagging food for distribution according to posted standards. Will work with other volunteers to organize and separate food donations, some fresh foods, some dry goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bag food for distribution meeting the requirements for each family size bag, making sure there are an adequate number of bags in each category for the amount of people we are serving that given day.
- Organize and separate food donations according to type of food
- Keep warehouse area clean and free from trash, this may include the need to sweep and/or mop
- Break down boxes for recycling
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the ability to lift boxes/bags of up to 30 pounds
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time while packing bags/boxes
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a volunteer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical warehouse environment with normal conversational noise levels
We'll work with your schedule.
825 Chester AvenueBakersfield, CA 93301
- People 55+
- Background Check