The Community Improvement Initiative Inc. (CII) has initiated a project where composers can submit original jazz compositions to an online portal for inclusion in a royalty-free music book. The books is called Today's Jazz Book. CII will then promote the book internationally through volunteers. The concept of the book is similar to The Real Book, a formerly illegal book of music that has been distributed in hard copy internationally. A detailed description of the project is found at www.jazzbook.org
One purpose of this project is to increase public performance opportunities for musicians in areas where licensing fees of existing music deter venue owners from hosting live music. Another purpose is to give composers the opportunity to immortalize their music by having it included in this book. We are planning to make the book a viral phenomenon, with legal, international distribution.
The project is in need of a Social Media Strategist who will create and execute a plan to engage musicians and composers throughout the world in the project. Planning should involve a social media advertising plan to achieve these objectives:
1. Downloads and sharing of Today's Jazz Book on Social Media by beginning, intermediate and advanced jazz musicians.
2. Registrations and submissions of original jazz compositions and recordings by composers at our website at www.jazzbook.org (still under construction, but will be finished soon).
3. Encouraging branded, live streaming concerts, or posting videos of songs performed from Today's Jazz Book on video platforms like Youtube.
4. Achieving high attendance at live streaming concerts of original compositions around the world.
The project also involves two months of execution of the plan.
1. Currently a professional graphic designer is creating a brand for the project, along with social media and print-worthy graphics consistent with the brand.
2. One jazz group has already agreed to do a live streaming concert of the original songs in today's jazz book. This group also has many original compositions to perform.
3. Limited, minimal financial resources are available for paid social media advertising; the majority of the plan should use free resources.
4. The draft site at www.jazzbook.org will be ready at the time of the marketing plan's launch.
5. The book will be ready for electronic distribution with several songs in it.
6. Mentoring may be available depending on availability, and if desired by the successful volunteer.
1. Formal education or five years experience in marketing or social media.
2. Self-starter capable of doing what is necessary to achieve success.
3. At least 24 years of age.
4. A history of high performance in other business-related, marketing or academic pursuits
5. Recent graduates of related Master's programs are welcome to apply.
6. We will advertise for social media specialists to assist with implementation of the plan.
7. Sufficient time to do a thorough job of the project.
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 24
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours a week
- Formal training or experience in marketing