We're looking for one Handy Art Lover!
17 people are interested
We’re looking for one Handy Art Lover!
Are you a handyman/woman? Are you good with a paint roller or a hammer? Do you enjoy organizing and cleaning and want to be a part of the art scene? Rochester Contemporary Art Center (RoCo) is seeking careful and diligent Gallery Maintenance Volunteers for both routine and special projects involving the cleaning of our facilities, works of art on display, display/storage areas, and occasional light construction projects. You’ll learn about the operations of a contemporary art center and help with the upkeep that makes our programming possible. Along the way, you’ll pick up new art handling and facilities skills and take part in a community that truly believes "Art Matters"
* ability to lift 20 pounds
* attention to detail
* make a commitment
* be considerate
* ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and clients
* ability to communicate effectively sensitivity to diverse cultures.
Specifically, you will...
* Clean offices, restrooms, and galleries including vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and removing trash.
* Clean glass and windows. Restock supplies.
* Work independently and occasionally with a team under the supervision of a team leader.
* Work cooperatively with the group for the proper execution of the tasks and the safety of the works of art.
* Assist with preparation for and tear down of events.
* Safely clean fronts of frames and dust tops of artworks and vitrines.
* Paint offices, galleries and other locations as needed.
* Occasionally assist in handling or leveling of artworks.
Choose your days TUESDAYS through SUNDAYS. Hours are flexible from 9:45 am to 5:00 pm
For more information and to submit a volunteer application please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 585 461 2222.
Rochester Contemporary Art Center (RoCo) is a venue for the exchange of ideas and a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) that was founded in 1977. As a center for thoughtful contemporary art, RoCo provides unique encounters for audiences and extraordinary opportunities for artists. To Support this mission RoCO is a gathering place for artists, audiences, and the local community, presents the work of both renowned and emerging artists from New York State and beyond, builds community by bringing artists, patrons, students, teachers, and enthusiasts together, and is a neighborhood anchor for artistic activity and unique encounters in downtown Rochester.
We'll work with your schedule.
137 East AveRochester Contemporary Art CenterRochester, NY 14604
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Orientation or Training