Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as the UBC continues to grow. The Director of Development is responsible for increasing the visibility of the UBC. This role will be responsible for researching, identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding corporations, corporate foundations, and private foundations. S/he will actively engage in working to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with the corporate and foundation sectors, as well as other key communities, that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of the UBC. Additionally, this role will be expected to maintain strong communications ties with corporate and foundation donors and prospects.Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive, proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate and foundation relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining corporate and foundation monetary support
- Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange corporate alliances and identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit five- and particularly six figure (and larger) philanthropic commitments to support the mission and goals of the UBC
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with corporate and foundation representatives, creating compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals
- Develop corporate and foundation goals and preferences in conjunction with UBC goals. Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage proposal submissions
- Work closely with all UBC stakeholders, in particular the Director of Finance & HR to create opportunities to build awareness among corporate and foundation constituencies in order to build and significantly expand positive fundraising relationships
- Initiate opportunities for the Executive Director, Director of Finance & HR, other UBC directors, and members of UBC’s Board of Directors to interact with corporate and foundation prospects
- Maintain high quality stewardship process for active corporate and foundation prospect and donors. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
- Keep all contacts up to date in UBC’s CRM system
- Develop and execute the UBC's annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- People Skills
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Six hours weekly min.
- Young Adult Development...
- Director of Finance & HR
- Social Media Director
- Homeless Prevention Coordinator
- Director of Volunteers
- Director of Communications and...
- Director of Programs
- Donor Database Coordinator and...
- Director of Development
- Director of Strategy and Research
- Mentor Coordinator (Non-Profit)
- Homeless Outreach Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Financial Assistant
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Volunteer & Special Events...