The Volunteer and Special Events Coordinator is responsible for quality year-round special events, volunteer services, and implementation of seasonal fundraising activities to promote, increase, and fulfill the mission of the UBC.
- Plan and coordinate volunteer opportunities with all departments of the UBC throughout the year using quality communications, tools and resources
- Initiate and build positive relationships and communications with community groups, churches, Advisory Board, court appointed community service workers, and individuals with the purpose of securing and increasing active volunteers
- Review, process and place volunteers in suitable assignments. Perform an orientation with each volunteer including review of job assignment and written job description, Safe from Harm materials, policies and procedures for their assignment
- Plan and execute regular volunteer recognition for groups and individuals, including but not limited to annual event, awards, nominations for internal and external groups, and thank you notes and letters
- Plan and execute Christmas fundraising activities
- Represent the UBC as assigned and requested by the UBC Officer at community meetings, functions, events, as well as attend assigned committee meetings, and staff meetings
- Responsible for PR and media communication as directed and assigned by the UBC Officer and within guidelines of the UBC, always maintaining a professional demeanor and appearance
- Will work in coordination with other team member to maximize opportunities, tools and PR for the UBC and its programs
- Maintain a neat and organized file system according to the UBC standards and policies while observing confidentiality
- Will be responsible for reporting, statistics, and maintaining any other pertinent records appropriate to this position and required by law or the UBC
- As requested will assist with general office duties and phones
- Ability and willingness to adhere to the UBC Mission Statement
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Six hours per week
- Young Adult Development...
- Director of Finance & HR
- Social Media Director
- Homeless Prevention Coordinator
- Director of Volunteers
- Director of Communications and...
- Director of Programs
- Donor Database Coordinator and...
- Director of Development
- Director of Strategy and Research
- Mentor Coordinator (Non-Profit)
- Homeless Outreach Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Financial Assistant
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Volunteer & Special Events...