Maranathan Academy recognizes, cultivates, and releases the innate potential of children excluded by the education system. By combining required academics, with the instilment of lessons in spiritual awareness, self-esteem, and personal responsibility, Maranathan Academy has saved the lives of over 300 children. Maranathan Academy seeks to expand its work to reach more students in Birmingham and recognizes the need for diverse, passionate, and hard-working partners to help achieve its goals. It is with this recognition in mind that Maranathan Academy invites qualified candidates to apply for its internship program.
An internship with Maranathan Academy will provide candidates with the opportunity to cultivate a versatile skillset in educating at-risk children, business development, communication and non-profit management while providing exposure to key stakeholders in Birmingham’s bourgeoning educational ecosystem.
- Assist students in achieving learning goals through tutoring and implementing learning strategies.
- Teach Arts and Crafts lessons
- Host table conversations during lunches with students
- Assist teachers in curriculum development and evaluation
- Optimize educational offerings by exploring partnerships with leading educational organizations in Birmingham and Alabama.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Visual Arts
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 10-12 hours per week
- Minimum: College Senior in Education, Psychology or Sociology or commensurate experience