My Girlfriend's House, Inc. is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) corporation, with headquarters and program space in Prince George’s County. We offer services to at-risk middle and high school girls in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Our mission is to empower teen girls living in poverty to break the cycle and maintain a positive understanding of self- worth, confidence, and professional advancement.
We are seeking an Admin Intern to work closely with our Program Coordinator and Executive Director to assist with our office’s daily operational functions.
* This is an unpaid internship and requires 16 hours a week for a 6 month period.
We are looking to fulfill this position as soon as possible.
Intern will get hands on experience in this field working directly with our executive director. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage incoming calls and inquiries
- Maintain client, vendor and volunteer files
- Oversee food and supply inventory
- Schedule new student intakes
- Mail thank you cards to funders
- Assist Web Intern with dstore management and donations
- Prepare shelter donation forms and catalogue all outgoing donations
- Oversee local gift card and corporate giving campaigns
- Input monthly transactions in accounting systems
- Reconcile books in a timely manner
Administrative Intern must be comfortable using Microsoft office suite. Intern must also be able to manage multiple tasks at once, and at times make decisions independently.
Excellent communication skills is required.
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6 months