- Assist Self Sufficiency Programs Director in scheduling clients, managing career counselor’s schedules and promoting career program
- Create flyers for upcoming career events
- Build partnerships with community agencies to recruit clients
- Host career events at Compass Center with assistance of staff
Commitment: One year commitment; Ideal candidate must be available one- two evenings a week and two Saturdays each month. 10-15 hours weekly.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent verbal and listening skills, and an ability to engage clients in conversation and communicate ideas and strategies effectively.
- Ability to gather information from clients, assesses client needs, and address concerns appropriately.
- Ability to work with diverse clients with varying career goals and educational/employment experience.
- Professional presentation of self, dependability, and punctuality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ideal volunteers will have some experience volunteering in a long term capacity. Internship begins in March 2018.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Submit volunteer application at www.compassctr.org/volunteer-application