Legal Services Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where31-09 Newtown AveSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
CIANA is seeking a volunteer for our growing legal program, which offers immigrant legal services to low-income immigrant families.
- Conduct outreach around Queens, supporting our Pathway to US Citizenship program in Queens library.
- Conduct intakes for new clients seeking immigration legal services.
- Perform legal research on issues of immigration law, draft memoranda, and report to the Director of Legal Services.
- Organized, reliable, and motivated to help immigrant families in need.
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues.
- Engages with and is respectful of cultural differences.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Legal (General)
- Immigration Law
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment