It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Position Title: Radio Host (English)
Reports to: Station Manager
Type of position: Volunteer, unpaid
Roles and Responsibilities:
(Shows are pre-recorded)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- TEAM PLAYER
- Record 20 minute shows - 4 shows per month
- Interact with other hosts and show guests
- Discuss show material
- Contact potential guests (Doctors, nurses, authors, celebrities etc)
- Conduct interviews for radio shows
- Record your segment and submit by deadline
- Record PSA’s for website
- Attend team meetings - monthly
- All recording is done at your convenience - no traveling to radio station
- No self promotion on the radio station - will receive own page via our website
- Other duties may be assigned
- MUST have pregnancy loss experience
- Prior radio experience; Live or Pre-recorded
- Associates in Broadcasting or Journalism
- Have background in miscarriage, child loss, stillbirth, crisis support, counseling, women’s health, or other areas that would be relevant and supportive to men and women’s journey of healing.
- Use of WavePad Sound Editor a plus, but not required
- Intern - In process of getting a degree in Broadcasting or Journalism (Interns will receive a letter of recommendation AFTER 1 full year of volunteering with Miscarriage Matters, Inc.)
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Video Production
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 minute shows, 4 shows per a month.
- Attend meetings.
Report this opportunity