About: Do you want to help communities tackle their unique challenges and sustain their community values? For over 40 years now, CONO (www.cscono.org) has been offering civic education and connection to create neighborhood champions. We advise leaders and members of Homeowner Associations (HOAs), Neighborhood Associations, and related community groups on best practices to resolve community issues. We empower residents to further shape their quality of life. If you're passionate about building community, this is your chance to help communities across both El Paso and Teller Counties, meet talented partners who share your passion, and learn great techniques to help your community.
The Neighborhood Consultant will research concerns of HOAs and Neighborhoods, covering a fascinating array of challenges with legal, social, economic, political, environmental, etc. implications. Based on the research, the volunteer will coordinate with CONO staff, as well as City and County officials, developing vital connections and leveraging CONO's long history of public-private partnerships. Finally, you'll engage with leaders & residents of HOAs/Neighborhoods to deliver expert consulting advice. Rather than isolated consulting events, you can be part of our ongoing partnerships with HOAs & neighborhoods, educating them over the long term and learning practical experience to apply to our other neighborhoods.
Here's a sampling of the types of challenges you'll help HOAs & Neighborhoods solve:
- Obsolete covenants
- Transparency in HOA/Neighborhood leadership
- Declining aesthetics and property values in a neighborhood
- Lack of civic engagement
- Lack of neighborhood relationships/connections
- Mediation in neighborhood disputes
- Community-focused. Experienced with tackling community issues, in your own HOA/Neighborhood or in communities you've managed/helped.
- Customer-focused. You're devoted to having the neighborhood (customer) achieve their own success with your advisory help.
- Good learner.
- Good listener. No two concerns are the same, and each deserves a customized answer.
- Team-focused. We don't fly solo. We coordinate our answers amongst CONO teammembers for mutual learning and for the continuous improvement of our service.
- Computer literate. Familiar with typing & editing word-processing files, spreadsheets, and slide shows.
- Comfortable reading City Code, covenants, and other materials which others might find dry, but which you know may hold the key to the solution.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Professional Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 10-20 hours per week