Healing Center Concierge
2 people are interested
The PURPOSE of the Healing Center Concierge Volunteer is to provide a welcoming smile, information and caring support to guests visiting Coborn Healing Center, a 100% philanthropy-funded connection place for survivorship services that truly enhance our patients' lives throughout their cancer journey. The Coborn Healing Center will be built adjacent to Coborn Cancer Center and is expected to be fully operational by mid-2018.
- Act as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information. Our guests look upon the concierge as a font of information. Become familiar with and share information about the classes, support groups, activities, events and services available at Coborn Healing Center.
- Direct guests to amenities, including Expressive Arts, Mind/Body (fitness facilities), cozy lounge area, nourishment center (kitchen), restrooms, musical instruments and resource tablets.
- Checkout, receive, store and use designated apparatus to sanitize resource tablets.
- Serve (Offer) refreshments and engage guests in friendly conversation.
- Prepare and display beverage and snack options such as coffee, water and freshly baked cookies for guests.
- Confirm appointment times and announce scheduled guest arrivals to staff providing services exclusively available to our current Coborn Cancer Center patients:
- Integrative Therapy - acupuncture, acupressure, and massage
- Enhancement Program -one-on-one consultation with a licensed cosmetologist for individualized fitting of a wig, hat and accessories at no charge
- Guide guests between Coborn Cancer Center and Coborn Healing Center as needed.
- Arrange for guests to receive donated in-kind items such as hats, scarves, seatbelt covers and lap blankets as appropriate.
- If time allows and needed, assist with delivering mail, organizing and sharing in-kind donations, maintaining the provider lounge.
- If needed, float and help in the Infusion Center or Pharmacy.
SCHEDULE openings: Primary shifts we are seeking volunteers for include weekdays (Mon-Fri) from 8-12 or 12-4. After the primary shifts are filled, we will seek volunteers for supplemental shifts Mon-Fri from 10-2. If you are ready to commit and want to fill a scheduled opening, please , contact the Volunteer Office at 320-255-5638 .
We'll work with your schedule.
1900 Centracare CircleCoborn Healing CenterSaint Cloud, MN 56303
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours weekly