The Washburn Games is a non-competitive "sports sampler" allowing kids to test their skills in 20 different sports activities while giving back to the community and supporting their peers who struggle with social, emotional or behavioral problems. In 2017, more than 300 kids ages 4-12 participated in The Games along with over 500 parents, siblings and other family members, 220 volunteers, corporate sponsors and donors for a total connection with nearly 1,000 community members. Learn more about this year’s 9 th annual Washburn Games: www.washburngames.org
Proceeds of this event benefit children and families served by Washburn Center for Children. Your involvement will help Washburn Center for Children provide transformative mental health care to children struggling with depression, anxiety, trauma and other challenges. When children with social, emotional and behavioral challenges receive early intervention, they are less likely to fail academically, drop out of school or become involved in the juvenile justice system. Your volunteer commitment helps children grow into happier, healthier adults. ( www.washburn.org)
Description of Committee
The members of the committee will participate in monthly meetings (in person or by phone from January - October) to assist with planning, marketing, logistics and execution of the 2018 Washburn Games.
How your skills can help The Washburn Games be successful:
- Help secure corporate sponsors - committee members will be asked to reach out to their networks and/or reach out to 5 - 10 prospective corporate sponsors
- Market the event - committee members will be asked to invite families with children ages 4-12 via social media and flyer distribution. The committee will also brainstorm and implement new marketing tactics to help increase participation.
- Logistical planning of the event - The committee will assist in pre-event planning as well as execution of the event.
- Volunteer recruitment - Committee members are involved in inviting new members to join the planning committee as well as recruiting day of event volunteers.
- Required Skills and Time Commitment:
- Passion for creating happier, healthier children. Willingness to make connections within the community to help make the event a success. Ability to work independently and good follow through skills.
- Members of the Washburn Games Committee typically meet monthly (in person or by phone) between January and October at Washburn Center for Children. A typical committee member invests between 25 - 35 hours of their time while on the committee.
Thank you for your consideration!
Your time and effort will nurture healthier, successful futures for children - which creates a stronger community for all of us. Your participation lays the groundwork for a lot of joy -- both at the event and through the therapeutic services that The Washburn Games will help fund.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- approx 25-35 hours through September
- Passion for communities of happier, healthier children!