Disaster Action Team: Central MN Chapter
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
- Location: We have a need for Disaster Action Team Members in our Central MN Chapter:
- Western Central Chapter (Big Stone, Stevens, Swift, Lac qui Parle, and Chipppewa Counties)
- Eastern Central Chapter (Morrison, Mille Lacs and Kanabec Counties)
- Central Minnesota Chapter: ( St Cloud - Alexandria )
- Purpose: Train to become a Disaster Action Team (DAT) Member. Once trained you will respond to local disasters, most often house or apartment fires. DAT Trainees will respond to local disasters providing immediate on-scene response to local and large-scale disasters with an experienced DAT Member.
- Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
- Become familiar with the policies, regulations and procedures for local disaster response and service.
- After training is complete: DAT Trainee promptly responds to local disasters when on-call.
- Collaborates with DAT Duty Officer on phone.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete field paperwork during responses.
- Attends regular team meetings and trainings
- Time Commitment:
- Sign-up for 4 on-call shifts per month. Shifts are 6am-Noon, Noon-6pm, 6pm-Midnight and Midnight-6am.
Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
Be able to follow region/chapter and current Red Cross disaster guidance
18 years of age or older
Access to reliable vehicle (mileage is not reimbursed) transportation; valid driver's license
Access to reliable cell phone
Ability to work under adverse conditions
Ability to record information clearly, accurately, and thoroughly
Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- DAT Trainees- Approximately 6 hours of online and in-person training. Trainees will need a minimum of 3 DAT responses before they are moved up to a DAT Responder.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Volunteer Services at MNRecruit@redcross.org or call 612-391-1923.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple CountiesVolunteers serve in their county of residenceSt Cloud,, MN 56301
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, 4 shifts per month