Title: Silent Auction Coordinator
Come join our dynamic team! We are seeking an individual to assist the Silent Auction Team by using their creative writing skills to compose auction descriptions, research new and exciting auction item prospects, and organizing items in our database.
In 2017, our Rockin’ for Research raised over $1 million for type 1 diabetes research, and the auction is a huge component of that revenue. If you are passionate about helping others, looking to do something meaningful that can make a difference, and carry a positive work attitude, come join JDRF’s volunteer team!
Report To: Carol Hagan, Silent Auction Chair
- Use Auction Tracker software program to input donation details as received
- Research and update databases
- Opportunity for additional duties available based on skillset and volunteer availability
- Create auction item descriptions for the Gala Keepsake Catalog
Start Date: ASAP
Location: JDRF Burnaby Office: #150, 6450 Roberts Street, Burnaby, BC, V5G 4E1
- You are accountable to all JDRF staff
- You must maintain strict privacy and confidentiality of all personal information belonging to donors, volunteers, and staff that you encounter during your volunteer experience.
- Please arrive for your volunteer shift on time.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fluent in English and grammar
- Excellent computer skills
- An interest in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience volunteering in other non-profit organizations’ office
- Administrative or office experience
- Training is provided by a task or project basis from the coordinator or manager asking for support.
- Gain professional work experience in a non-profit environment
- Put your skills to great use in meaningful projects
- Support a worthy cause, help find a cure for type 1 diabetes, and make a difference
- Have JDRF as a reference after the candidate has volunteered an adequate amount of time into his/her role
- Opportunity to volunteer at the Gala.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4--6 hours per week until Oct.31