1. Assignment Title
Volunteer Musician(s) at the Charlie Norwood Veteran Affairs Medical Center
(*If you are interested in this position please send an email to VHAAUGVoluntaryService@va.gov )
2. Purpose of Assignment
Provide meaningful and relevant interaction and entertainment for our residents on all CLCs
1D, 1C, 2B, 3C
? Provide quality music at an amateur level
? Interact with residents through music (i.e. reminiscing, sing-a-long, clapping, etc)
? Select music that is relevant to our veteran population ( age/generation) and that is non-religious
? Be mindful of the volume and timbre of the music to ensure therapeutic milieu
4. Time Commitment
Time can be discussed based on availability.
? Pass a background check
? Audition with our Music Therapy or Voluntary Service staff
? Provide your own musical equipment
? Provide sample set lists
6. Training and Skill Development
? Pass a background check
? General understanding of physical/cognitive limitations related to aging population (Dementia &/or severe cognitive impairments, Stroke, etc.)
? Must be able to work independently & enjoy older adult population.
? Provide age/era appropriate music for residents
Volunteer reports to: Sheri Smith
Feedback: Annual written
8. Supporting policies
* VHA Handbook 1620.01
* Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 119-14-01
Where/what’s provided: Volunteer(s) will provide music in the CLC dayrooms. Nursing staff will be notified that the volunteer(s) will be coming ahead of time and bring the patients in the dayroom that are interested in listening to music. If volunteers want to be seated, they need to bring their own stool/chair. Powered equipment may require own extension cord.
? Lunch provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift (Monday -Friday).
? Structured recognition/awards program
? Annual Flu Shot at no cost
? Eligible to join credit union
? Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Community Living Center Holiday...
- Volunteer Van Driver for...
- Van Driver for Veterans at the...
- Ambassador Charlie Norwood...
- Volunteer Driver for Veterans...
- Distribution Technician...
- Veterans Health Education and...
- Wheelchair Repair Downtown...
- Prosethetics Clerical and...
- Information Desk (Front Line...
- Beneficiary Travel Customer...
- Wheelchair Concierge & Greeter
- Appointment Reminder for...
- Nursing Volunteer for Veterans...
- Community Living Center Senior...
- Musician Volunteer Charlie...
- Front Desk Clerk Volunteer...
- Wheelchair Concierge Service...
- Volunteer Van Driver For...
- Fisher House Volunteer Charlie...