Be a Foster Grandparent at one of the local schools, Head Start centers and day cares. Foster Grandparents help children learn to read, and/or tutor children in other academic subjects. Acting as a role model, they gain trust, encourage good manners, and basic skills that children need to be successful adult.
To be a Foster Grandparent you must be 55 years and older, meet income eligibility guidelines, be able to physically work in a classroom setting and have a love for children.
As a Foster Grandparent you will receive a small, non-taxable, stipend. travel reimbursements, monthly in-services & training, paid time off, free lunches at the school, and fun recognition events.
To make a difference in the life of a child, please contact the Foster Grandparent Program at (308) 635-3089, or visit their website at www.capwn.org.
- Child Development
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 55 years old, meet income eligibility guidelines, ability to physically work in a classroom setting
- Salvation Army
- Transport veterans
- MADD Nebraska
- Build Homes with Habitat For...
- Like to spread holiday cheer and...
- Lincoln County Extension Office
- Mailing Assistance
- Church Groups
- Great Plains Health
- Jack of All Trades!
- Lincoln County Historical Museum
- Rail Days
- Let's Play and Learn at the...
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Food Pantry Assistance
- Foster Grandparent Program
- North Platte Senior Services...
- Fun Advisor