The New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) seeks an undergraduate or graduate student to serve as a Special Events and Fundraising Volunteer in our Development Unit. The New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) provides free civil legal services to low-income New Yorkers. NYLAG clients include immigrants, seniors, the homebound, families facing foreclosure, renters facing eviction, low-income consumers, those in need of government assistance, children in need of special education, domestic violence survivors, persons with disabilities, patients with chronic illness or disease, low-wage workers, low-income members of the LGBT community, Holocaust survivors, and others in need.
We are a small but mighty team seeking to further NYLAG’s mission by growing our individual and corporate revenue. We seek a highly organized and detail-oriented intern to support all aspects of fundraising, including supporting donor communications, gift acknowledgement, and special events. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in learning the ins and outs of nonprofit fundraising in a fun, supportive, and fast-paced environment.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Team
- Support the fundraising team in executing our annual Gala in May 2018
- Assist with donor acknowledgement and data entry
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Commitment of 2 daysin office per week, 8-12 hours for at least 3 months
- Interest in learning about nonprofit fundraising
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Professional demeanor and punctuality
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Development Volunteer" in the subject line.
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment