The New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) has an opening for a volunteer within its General Administrative Unit (GAU ). The New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) provides free civil legal services to low-income New Yorkers. NYLAG clients include immigrants, seniors, the homebound, families facing foreclosure, renters facing eviction, low-income consumers, those in need of government assistance, children in need of special education, domestic violence survivors, persons with disabilities, patients with chronic illness or disease, low-wage workers, low-income members of the LGBT community, Holocaust survivors, and others in need.
GAU/Administrative Clerk Team
The Administrative Clerk Team plays an important role in performing routine clerical and organizational tasks. There’s never a dull moment as there is always something for everyone to complete.
Administrative Volunteer Position
While the position is mainly administrative and clerical work, the volunteer will have exposure to the provision of free legal services.
- Providing administrative support to the Administrative Office Clerks
- Entering and managing data in record keeping system
- Electronically scanning moderate to large sized files, copying, and filing
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Commitment of 5 days per week, 4 hours per day for 3 months or longer
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Administrative experience preferred
- Professional demeanor and punctuality
- Team oriented
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "GAU Administrative Volunteer" in the subject line.
- Data Entry
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment