DI Colorado is the Leader in providing experiential programs that unleash the creative mind in Colorado's youth.
The DI Colorado Board of Directors wants to enable every interested child in Colorado to participate on a Destination Imagination team.
Do you support that vision?
Want to help make it happen?
Ready to step up and see what you can do in a leadership position?
Nominate yourself for a position on the DI-CO Board!
The Board is responsible for the defining the issues, thinking creatively of opportunities, and addressing challenges that exist for DICO. In-depth knowledge of the DI program is welcome, but not required.
Each board member makes a commitment to:
- Be informed about, and actively support the mission, vision and strategic goals of DICO.
- Prepare for and attend board meetings at least nine times per year. Board meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 6pm at the DICO headquarters at Evans and Jasmine.
- Attend an annual strategic planning retreat, usually held in July.
- Act with integrity in the best interests of DICO.
- Make a personal, tax-deductible contribution at least once a year at a level reasonable to your budget.
- Participate in fundraising and special events for the organization.
To be considered for this opportunity: email kate@dicolorado with your vision for our organization, or what talents or skills you could bring to our board. We are looking for community members that have public relation, fundraising, financial management or legal skills.
Board Member Responsibilities
The Board of Directors and the Executive Director, in collaboration, define the issues, think creatively of opportunities, and address challenges that exist for DICO, to enable every interested child in Colorado to participate in DI.
Most fundamentally, each Director has a duty of honesty, a duty of loyalty and a duty of care. Board training is advised for a more thorough understanding of these principles. Put briefly:
- Duty of Care: Be fully informed and prepared to act effectively.
- Duty of Loyalty: Put the interests of the organization first. The Board speaks with one voice (support decisions made by the Board).
- Duty of Honesty: Act in accordance with the bylaws, policies, and applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 6 hours a month.