Position Description: LifeLong West Berkeley clinic is seeking a reliable, experienced, and enthusiastic person to provide childcare during our Centering Pregnancy groups. Centering Pregnancy is a model of care where pregnant women receive their typical prenatal care along with group support and extended health education time with their providers, and it has been shown to significantly improve the health of mothers and babies. We are looking for someone who can supervise and provide activities for the children of our patients while they attend the group.
Time Commitment: Our ongoing Centering Pregnancy groups are held weekly on Wednesdays and Fridays 9:00 - 11:00AM. There will be some weeks when childcare will not be necessary. We would like a reliable pool of 4-5 providers who can spend at least 6 months with us and commit to one of the weekly groups if not both.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise and facilitate play for individual or group of children for duration of the prenatal group.
- Provide age-appropriate activities and educational games for the children.
- Set-up and clean-up before and after group in the play area.
- Experience working with and facilitating a group of children ages 2-8 years old.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Successful completion of LiveScan screening background check.
- Child Care
- Counseling / Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2.5 - 5 hours weekly
- Groups run 2x weekly and are ongoing indefinitely