Position: Kitchen Aide Volunteer
Reports To: Senior Center Director
Location: PSS - Andrew Jackson Senior Center
General Purpose: The Kitchen Aide Volunteer serves as a representative for PSS, supporting the Agency's mission of strengthening the capacity of older New Yorkers, their families, and communities to thrive.
- Prepares tables and trays
- Helps prepare food if needed
- Serves food
- Helps clean tables and trays
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Expectations: Must be punctual and have consistent attendance, Be prepared to work as part of a team, Time commitment of 10-20 hours a week (flexible)
Time Commitment: Minimum Two days per week (8am-2pm)
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Dress Code: Casual
Start Date: Immediate
- Team player
- Comfortable interacting with Seniors
- Food service experience is a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Friendly Attitude
Benefits: Volunteers will work with a diverse range of people and have the opportunity to showcase their skills by engaging with senior members and supporting staff. In addition, volunteers will have chance to network, grow as an individual and build their resume.