- Screen calls to the hotline to determine the need of the caller and then make appropriate referrals.
- Research and update resources, for example, compile a list of agencies that would donate school supplies.
- Attend weekly team meetings, becoming a contributing member of Housing and Family Services (HFS) team involved in making decisions that impact homeless people.
- Assist case managers with client's day to day needs, which may include accompanying case managers to home visits.
- Participate in training's and tours of agencies as they are offered, for example training on domestic violence, co-occurring disorders such as mental illness and substance abuse and/or visiting other shelters and programs.
- Perform carious office duties and attend to donations.
- Attend trainings such as Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium and Homelessness 101.
- Human Services/Social Work interns will have additional training from staff.
- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and philosophy of Family Tree.
- Able to work in chaotic environment -patience is a must.
- Willingness to learn and desire to assist people who are in a crisis is essential.
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Administrative Support
- Social Work
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6 mths - 1 yr. M-F, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Send resume and brief cover letter to Erika Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org